It’s Christmas time – and that means that we’re rewarding you! We have a Christmas special for every single machine that’s bought through our webstore! And what special is that?
With every machine you purchase through our online store – you get 100 mixed ESE coffee pods – FOR FREE! Yes, we’re that generous.
Here’s what you have to do: in the shopping card under “notes and requirements” – you have to write “Xmas2015”. That’s absolutely all you have to do and you get 100 pods added to the machine !
This one’s for the extreme coffee lovers!
This recipe is one of Nigella Lawson‘s and is absolutely recommended to anyone who enjoys the richness of coffee and the sweetness of cake.
for the Cake:
- 50 grams walnut pieces
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 225 grams soft unsalted butter (plus some for greasing)
- 200 grams plain flour
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1 – 2 tablespoons milk
for the buttercream frosting
- 350 grams icing sugar
- 175 grams soft unsalted butter
- 2 ½ teaspoons instant espresso powder (dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water)
- approx. 10 walnut halves (to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4/350°F.
- Butter two 20cm / 8inch sandwich tins and line the base of each with baking parchment.
- Put the walnut pieces and sugar into a food processor and blitz to a fine nutty powder.
- Add the 225g/2 sticks butter, flour, 4 teaspoons espresso powder, baking powder, bicarb and eggs and process to a smooth batter.
- Add the milk, pouring it down the funnel with the motor still running, or just pulsing, to loosen the cake mixture: it should be a soft, dropping consistency, so add more milk if you need to. (If you are making this by hand, bash the nuts to a rubbly powder with a rolling pin and mix with the dry ingredients; then cream the butter and sugar together, and beat in some dry ingredients and eggs alternately and, finally, the milk.)
- Divide the mixture between the 2 lined tins and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the sponge has risen and feels springy to the touch.
- Cool the cakes in their tins on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, before turning them out onto the rack and peeling off the baking parchment.
- When the sponges are cool, you can make the buttercream.
- Pulse the icing sugar in the food processor until it is lump free, then add the butter and process to make a smooth icing.
- Dissolve the instant espresso powder in 1 tablespoon boiling water and add it while still hot to the processor, pulsing to blend into the buttercream.
- If you are doing this by hand, sieve the icing sugar and beat it into the butter with a wooden spoon.
- Then beat in the hot coffee liquid.
- Place 1 sponge upside down on your cake stand or serving plate.
- Spread with about half the icing; then place on it the second sponge, right side up (i.e. so the 2 flat sides of the sponges meet in the middle) and cover the top with the remaining icing in a ramshackle swirly pattern.
- This cake is all about old-fashioned, rustic charm, so don’t worry unduly: however the frosting goes on is fine. similarly, don’t fret about some buttercream oozing out around the middle: that’s what makes it look so inviting.
- Gently press the walnut halves into the top of the icing all around the edge of the circle about 1cm apart.
Taste yummy? Let us know what you think!
It’s the time of the year where you’re tired – tired of trying to work your 9-5, tired of people, tired just tired. Well we’re here to help you – because with our coffee, the days become better and the hours become shorter. They say that coffee is the root of all good work, and well, we kind of agree.
Have you tried Lucaffe’s Mr Exclusif? If you haven’t – then you should.
Not only is this coffee 100% Arabica coffee from South America, Asia and a tiny little bit from Central Africa – but this mixture of coffee gives you the perfect amount of energy to get through your busy schedule.
It has a medium body, yummy sweet flavour and enchanting aroma. When it has just been ground the scent is absolutely intoxicating!
In our generation of excessive modernisation and technological bombardment – it’s rare to find brands who are truly authentic and loyally support the beauty of tradition. That is why our coffee machine is one of a kind!
As discussed plentifully on this blog – Italians certainly make coffee well. They perfected the coffee-making process that rewards the drinker with not only an enduring aroma of deliciousness, but a rich taste of Italian history through the quality of our coffee pods.
It’s therefore essential that you get your hands on our coffee machine – the Didiesse Frog Coffee Machine.
It is an ESE coffee machine (Easy Single Espresso) that comes in 14 amazing colours and prepares your coffee or espresso in an environmentally friendly manner.
It features a fast heat-up process (only 1 minute!) and this ensures that it saves electricity. It is extremely low maintenance and is a high quality product that has been smartly designed and manufactured in Italy. The reason why this is environmentally friendly is because the ESE pods use no plastic or aluminium and can even be disposed as a garden fertilizer!
It comes with a 24 month warranty and can be serviced at the repair centre in Cape Town.
Click here to purchase it on our online store!
…We deliver your order to you FREE of charge if you order a FROG coffee machine or more than 50 coffee pods?
We deliver to your door. All orders are packed the same day and will leave our warehouse, the business day after we’ve received your payment.
Please ensure that you give us a valid address and phone number that we can be sure you get your coffee equipment.
We love our Italian coffee as much as you do so ensure that our coffee is always fresh. We only source our coffee from artisan roasters in Italy – which are family businesses that give us consistent quality every time.
Place your order now!
Do you want to explore Emozione’s Italian coffee culture ? Try all the different brands and blends to discover your favourite Italian coffee pod? Well we have just what you need!
Italian coffee can be quite a lot to take in – there are varying strengths, tastes, aftertastes, aromas and varying degrees of richness. This value pack is therefore the best way for you to explore your coffee knowledge! It’s also a good idea to stock up your coffee cabinet before the festive season!
The explorer pod kit comes with 50 pods and features 5 the following:
Miscela D’Oro single espresso
Miscela D’Oro classico
Miscela D’Oro Lungo
Miscela D’Oro decaff
Miscela D’Oro Natura
Caffe Borbone RED
Caffe Borbone BLU
Caffe Borbone GOLD
To buy this on our online store, click here! 🙂
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!